Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Belated Fathers' Day Post: To Dad, My Hero (Because Your Daughter is Clueless)

This is my belated Fathers' Day post. This incident happened a couple months back as I got in my car to head home...

I got to pop the hood of my car... for the first time (uh-huh, coz I don't know what goes under there and as long as it runs, that's all that matters to me)...

Dad: Where are your tools?
Me: Er... what tools?
Dad: Like for changing the tires
Me: I don't think I have any
Dad: It's in your trunk... that's how we fixed your problem before
Me: I wasn't there when you had it fixed

Dad opens the trunk and my yellow "tutu" from my PRACE christmas party waved at him (and he tries to hide his er, surprised look).

I'm all for Girl Power, etc., but I'm happy to leave car troubles to the guys. Thanks Dad for being my hero. What would I do when the meter doesn't show that the car doesn't have enough water or there's something wrong with the oil? (Yeah, I'm clueless like that, when it comes to car maintenance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment