Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Savored: Circa 1900

I've eaten at this quaint restaurant twice and it's a unique experience every time. The service is at par or may be even better than that of the premier hotels in Cebu City with a homey feel. The structure of Circa 1900 is that of an old white house with simple grounds, ample parking space, wooden interior with subtle elegance. There's always a seating host/hostess to greet and accomodate you. Whether you are dressed casually or for cocktails, this place would make you feel right at ease.

Courtesy of Circa 1900 Facebook page


My first venture was a dinner for a friend who just finished internship. We had the soup and appetizer, gnocchi, chicken bringhe, and pork chop.

Boneless Loin Pork chop
Garlic prawns, Spanish chorizo and chilli tomato
olive oil with crusty bread (left), soup of the day (right)

Gnocchi
Chicken Bringhe




I would not even dare describe in detail the ingredients of these dishes but suffice it to say that they were in harmony and there was certainly a soiree going on inside of my mouth. And a happy tummy in the end even if there was no more room for dessert.

I gave my sister a treat of Circa 1900's hospitality and she was indeed impressed. She had the crunchy slow roast pork belly while I had the braised Moroccan lamb. I apologize for having omitted the photos of the said dishes. I actually misplaced the file.  I was expecting some after taste coming from the braised lamb but there was none, not even a hint.  The pork belly is a unique twist to the lechon kawali that we can't help but indulge in.  Again, no room for dessert for a happy and full tummy.

I know what some people say about food that you cannot pronounce are better left uneaten, well in this case, I encourage you to eat it. The place can be conducive to family gatherings, intimate dinners, romantic dates and such.  All you have to do is ask and they will arrange it with gusto. If you want a detailed tour of the house, they will gladly accommodate you.  With all the staff that has been waiting on us, I haven't encountered one who is not adept at answering any question about the food.

Circa 1900 is located in Sanjercasvil Road, Gorordo Avenue, Lahug, Cebu City.  Where is that to be exact? That's the same question I asked. Even if I drive and was born and raised in the Sugbo, I rely on landmarks (don't we all, girls?). La Vie Parisienne is hard to miss which is right along the road en route to JY Square.  Just before reaching JY Square, be on the lookout for a branch of Metrobank, where there are numerous signs and one of those belong to Circa 1900. Turn right by that post (Sanjercasvil Road) and just follow the signs all the way to the end and a white house will be in sight. Easy peasy. They can be reached via landline (032-2396265) and mobile (0923-2795916) for reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment