Saturday, May 17, 2014

What's A Single Girl to Do?

Who would have thought that I'd be asking this question out loud to myself? Yes, by all that's holy, I did blurt this out while looking at myself in the mirror. Kinda feel like crappy today, must be PMS (excuses, excuses)!  So a light bulb moment occurred and it gave birth to the idea of blogging the second time around.

I missed writing and I've been toying with the idea of getting at it. I've taken stock of all the things I've been through (a break-up, pediatric residency, being diagnosed with an ovarian cyst and endometrial hyperplasia, obesity...er, trying to get through with the latter though), and I realized that I'm grateful for all that has happened. It may sound so cliche but I wouldn't be me if it weren't for those happy-sad rollercoasters and multiple-branched forks at the road. 

For a thirty-something like me, life's recipe boils down to this:
1. A daily dose of family
2. A handful of genuine friends
3. Endless positivity and skimming the negativity
4. A sprinkle of tears
5. A bagful of happiness
6. 30-minute exercise (daily if you can)
7. At least 6 hours of sleep
8. Wearing sunscreen
9. Hydration, hydration, hydration!
10. Some boys on the side for a healthy dose of "vitamin A" for the eyes.

Just like any recipe, feel free to exclude whatever you don't want in your life or tweak it and add whatever you want to suit your taste. After all, it's important that you can take what you have just dished out. 

My conscience is now telling me to stop my musings for today and get on with some studying. Til my next post....




No comments:

Post a Comment